Fullerton, CA, USA
7:30 am to 4 pm (30-minute lunch)
Job Description / Details
The Corporate Shipping Supervisor will oversee the Shipping team and be responsible for all daily outbound shipments from the corporate building (Except: USPS Mail). This position implements daily production and shipping planning in addition to arranging for stock to be properly stored in the warehouse and distributed accordingly to the appropriate parties. As a supervisor, this person is expected to actively participate in and lead departmental meetings to develop plans and provide status updates on equipment and projects.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a self-starter, a driven individual looking to provide world-class service to your clients, colleagues, and community. You are a person of integrity who strives to cultivate an open and accepting work environment where growth, accountability, and quality are valued.
WHO WE ARE
In 1971 we opened doors in Chelmsford, MA before moving headquarters to Southern California. From our inception we’ve been committed to innovation and world-class service, building off our company values of Quality, Teamwork, Respect, Honesty, Integrity, and Responsibility. Now an employee-owned company, NAVCO is one of the largest security integrators in the country, with security experts who are personally invested and dedicated to creating a safer and more financially secure environment for all.
COMPANY BENEFITS AND PERKS
• ESOP-Employee Stock Ownership Program
• 401 K Retirement Plan
• HSA/PPO health plans, dental, vision, and supplemental life insurance
• Annual Profit-Sharing Bonus
• PTO based on years of service
o 1-4 years: 13 days
o 5+ years: 18 days
• Recognition and Rewards program- Kazoo
• Social Responsibility Day (1 paid workday annually to volunteer in your community)
• 10 paid holidays
• WPYYDWYWCIAD day (We Pay You, You Do What You Want, We Call It A Day Day)
• Magellan Employee Assistance Program
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversee and direct daily workflow, workload, and schedules of the shipping team
• Run and review reports daily to determine what needs to be shipped by when
• Delegate the pulling, packing, and shipping of shipments to appropriate team members
• Ensure that all shipments meet both NAVCO and customer standards
• Identify department needs and develop policies/strategies to optimize workflow and reduce company expenses
• Provide customer service by reading e-mails, determine equipment to be moved, gathered, transferred, distributed and/or shipped.
• Assist manager in building, preparing, and distributing department KPIs
• Coordinate with Receiving Clerk and Purchasing team regarding drop shipments and vendor returns for credit
• Direct all physical inventory counts of corporate inventory
• Assist in physical inventory counts at other locations as needed
This job supervises shipping department personnel and will assist with the hiring, performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, and terminations in coordination with the Warehouse Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Strong with Microsoft Suite. Specifically: Office, Word, and Excel
• Knowledge of Fed-Ex Shipping Manager, UPS Worldwide Shipping
• Knowledge of Without Wire inventory management software preferred
• Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP preferred
• Use/navigate Android devices/scanning devices
• Ability to work efficiently at a fast pace at times
• Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
• Strong decision-making skills
• Detailed report writing and analysis
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels both internally and externally
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Preferred Bachelors degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business Administration… or equivalent experience. Minimum 5 years of warehouse experience and/or training, with minimum 3 years experience in a leadership role.
Must have the ability to read and interpret instructions, correspondence, and operating
procedures. Correspond and ability to effectively present information and speak to customers or employees of organization. Good phone etiquette and verbal communication skills required.
Must have ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole
numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral,
or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires the ability to bend or stand on a stepladder and/or ladder as necessary, and to use hand trucks, pallet jacks, and a stand up reach forklift. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Professional appearance and business casual attire for this position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NAVCO provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, NAVCO complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. NAVCO expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of NAVCO’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.