Fullerton, CA, USA
Full-time, M-F, 7am-4pm (or as established by manager)
Job Description / Details
Oversee the Purchasing team to ensure a steady flow of product. Actively participate in interdepartmental meetings to build purchasing plans and provide status updates as needed. Source vendors and negotiate best terms for materials, supplies, equipment, and services. Provide direction and leadership to Purchasing Team, assisting with purchases as necessary.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a self-starter, a driven individual looking to provide world-class service to your clients, colleagues, and community. You are a person of integrity who strives to cultivate an open and accepting work environment where growth, accountability, and quality are valued.
WHO WE ARE
In 1971 we opened doors in Chelmsford, MA before moving headquarters to Southern California. From our inception we’ve been committed to innovation and world-class service, building off our company values of Quality, Teamwork, Respect, Honesty, Integrity, and Responsibility. Now an employee-owned company, NAVCO is one of the largest security integrators in the country, with security experts who are personally invested and dedicated to creating a safer and more financially secure environment for all.
COMPANY BENEFITS AND PERKS
• ESOP-Employee Stock Ownership Program
• 401 K Retirement Plan
• HSA/PPO health plans, dental, vision, and supplemental life insurance
• Annual Profit-Sharing Bonus
• PTO based on years of service
o 1-4 years: 13 days
o 5+ years: 18 days
• Recognition and Rewards program- Kazoo
• Social Responsibility Day (1 paid workday annually to volunteer in your community)
• 10 paid holidays
• WPYYDWYWCIAD day (We Pay You, You Do What You Want, We Call It A Day Day)
• Magellan Employee Assistance Program
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Oversee and direct daily workflow, workload, and schedules
• Establishes Purchasing Policies and ensure compliance
• Identify department needs and develop policies/strategies to optimize workflow
• Maintain key reports to monitor department, company health, vendor performance.
• Hold weekly Department Staff Meetings and Individual Employee (1:1) meetings to reinforce Mission, Vision and Values focused on achieving the goals of the department.
• Negotiate with vendors for good and services, acting as the company’s representative to secure the best terms for the company
• Develops new supply sources where vendors are inadequate
• Establishes account/credit and terms
• Negotiates blanket purchase orders when appropriate and monitors cost
• Works closely with Receiving Department to ensure proper supplies arrived
• Traces delinquent arrivals from Purchase Orders
• Complies with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics
• Create new items and maintain item master
• Receive quotes and make sure quotes are applied to appropriate parts and vendors
• Communicate with Accounting team and vendors to resolve invoice discrepancies
• Monitor and manage incoming Sales volume to ensure product is purchased timely
• Mitigate purchasing risk and exposure to loss
• Work with Warehouse team to identify and return excess material and return to vendors for credit
• Prepare annual audit documents
Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs. The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Detailed report writing and analysis
• Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook
• Efficient time management and organization skills
• Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments
• Strong decision-making skills
• Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels within the company as well as externally
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business Administration. 10 years of purchasing experience and/or training with minimum 5 years’ experience in a leadership role.
Must have the ability to read and interpret instructions, correspondence, and operating
procedures. Be able to write routine reports, correspondence and ability to effectively present information and speak to customers or employees of organization. Excellent phone etiquette and verbal communication skills required.
Must have ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole
numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral,
or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Professional appearance and business casual attire for this position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NAVCO provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, NAVCO complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. NAVCO expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of NAVCO’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.