Waxahachie, TX, USA
Job Description / Details
Responsible for project estimation with little or no supervision. Includes performing and assisting walk-throughs/site surveys, reading blueprints, and collaborating with vendors and others to manage all aspects of bidding for and pricing complex, large jobs and/or multiple projects. This includes estimating and designing phases.
Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs. Duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the diverse types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a self-starter, a driven individual looking to provide world-class service to your clients, colleagues, and community. You are a person of integrity who strives to cultivate an open and accepting work environment where growth, accountability, and quality are valued.
WHO WE ARE
In 1971 we opened doors in Chelmsford, MA before moving headquarters to Southern California. From our inception we’ve been committed to innovation and world-class service, building off our company values of Quality, Teamwork, Respect, Honesty, Integrity, and Responsibility. Now an employee-owned company, NAVCO is one of the largest security integrators in the country, with security experts who are personally invested and dedicated to creating a safer and more financially secure environment for all.
COMPANY BENEFITS AND PERKS
• ESOP-Employee Stock Ownership Program
• 401 K Retirement Plan
• HSA/PPO health plans, dental, vision, and supplemental life insurance
• Annual Profit-Sharing Bonus
• PTO based on years of service
o 1-4 years: 13 days
o 5+ years: 18 days
• Recognition and Rewards program- WorkTango
• Social Responsibility Day (1 paid workday annually to volunteer in your community)
• 10 paid holidays
• Personal Floating Holiday (8 hours annually)
• Magellan Employee Assistance Program
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Be involved in ALL large (>$100k) and new projects to ensure solid design.
• Perform site-walk, and responds to bid specifications, assist with scope of work, develop cost estimates, materials, and labor, and predicts project duration, including contingencies.
• Work with vendors and in-house sales and engineering teams to successfully produce proposals and bids, in a timely manner, meeting all bid schedules and deadlines.
• Assist sales to provide estimates and formal quotations, inclusive of security, card access, and other low voltage solutions to the client.
• Function as liaison between sales, project management and operations to effectively implement projects and streamline communications.
• Assist Sales in selection of vendors and materials to obtain best solution, most competitive price, and proper lead-times, to ensure coverage for all scopes of work.
• Establish and maintain working relationships with vendors and subcontractors.
• Review project specifications to understand the scope of the project and assist in determination of whether to pursue.
• Perform take-offs from provided plans and SOW’s.
• Assist sales in preparing formal submittal booklets, containing schematics, and technical literature as necessary to support each contract.
• Identify key challenges and/or opportunities for each project.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to perform on-site survey/walk-thru for new or existing IP Video, access control, intercom, network, and communication systems using survey software and/or survey templates.
• Thorough understanding of bid documents, packages, drawings, and blueprints
• Knowledge of building codes
• Knowledge of IP video, access control, intercoms, and audio systems
• Knowledge of budget and schedule management
• Technical knowledge in all aspects of CCTV, Card Access, intrusion & audio
• Construction knowledge, blueprint reading and site surveying utilizing diagramming programs: VISIO or CAD
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and work well under pressure to meet changing deadlines.
• Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
• Self-motivated with ambitious standards of excellence.
• Effective communication skills, oral and written.
• Must possess a safe driving record.
Experience with S2, Lenel, Exacq, Genetec, Feenics, Avigilon, Axis, March Networks & Brivo
• Hands-on experience with commercial security integration systems related to design and installation.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in estimating/engineering
• Relevant security industry: 1 year (Required)
• Estimating: 3 years (Required)
High school or equivalent
Must have the ability to read and interpret instructions, correspondence, and operating procedures. Ability to speak to customers or employees of an organization and effectively present and explain the complicated in a simple manner to someone not an expert in that complication. Excellent phone and verbal communication skills required.
Must have ability to compute rates, discounts, percentages, square footage, and volume. Must be able to use Excel formulas to manipulate data quickly.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to conduct instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or listen. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Must be able to walk up stairs, travel in planes,
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NAVCO provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, NAVCO complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. NAVCO expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of NAVCO’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.